- SAMHSA Administrator Pamela Hyde steps down from her post after almost six years of service. Deputy Administrator Kana Enomoto is currently serving as the interim administrator. Read more by clicking here.
- Hemet Valley Recovery Center and Sage Retreat are recognized by Optum as having “Platinum” status for the second year in a row. Out of over 650 acute inpatient facilities, HVRC and Sage Retreat is one of sixty-nine centers to achieve Platinum recognition for 2015. Read more by clicking here.
- Seabrook House opens its fourth outpatient facility, called SHARE Counseling Services, in Morristown, NJ. SHARE Counseling offers outpatient, intensive outpatient, partial hospitalization, individual counseling, and medication-assisted treatment. Read more by clicking here.
- US Department of Health and Human Services launches a three-fold plan to combat opioid abuse. These steps will focus on informing opioid prescription practices, increasing the use of naloxone, and expanding medication-assisted treatment. Read more by clicking here.
- Sovereign Health welcomes Stephanie Haibloom, PsyD, to their team. Haibloom has certifications in rape crisis, anger management, and domestic violence, and is a board member for the California Association of Anger Management. Read more by clicking here.
- The Integrative Life Center welcomes Cindy Westcott, LCSW, as their new director of clinical services. Westcott has over twenty-nine years of experience as a LCSW and is the founder of The Psychological Trauma and Wellness Center of Memphis. Read more by clicking here.
Have an announcement you want featured in Counselor Connection
? Contact the editor, Leah Honarbakhsh, at [email protected]