- Muir Wood Adolescent and Family Services is acquired by a small group of investors, including current Founder and Executive Director Scott Sowle. The program will now operate as an independent, stand-alone facility for adolescent treatment. Read more by clicking here.
- Claudia Black, PhD, launches the Claudia Black Young Adult Center. The Center is for young adults ages eighteen to twenty-six who are struggling with emotional trauma, addictions, and/or co-occurring disorders. Read more by clicking here.
- Rogers Memorial Hospital plans to expand into Chicago, IL and Nashville, TN by opening a new obsessive-compulsive disorder and anxiety treatment center in each city. Both centers will be open in mid-2015. Read more by clicking here.
- Hope of Hope treatment center in San Pedro, CA receives its first Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) Accreditation. House of Hope put itself through a peer-review process and evaluation. Read more by clicking here.
- SAMHSA releases new guidelines on the use of extended-release injectable naloxone. The guidelines are based on a review of the current evidence on the effectiveness of injectable naloxone and other medications. Read more by clicking here.
- Alta Mira treatment center welcomes Nancy Bailey, PhD, as their new clinical director. Dr. Bailey was previously the clinical director for The Meadows and brings over two decades of experience to the position. Read more by clicking here.
- The Betty Ford Center opens a new outpatient clinic in West Los Angeles, CA. The ribbon-cutting ceremony was on January 28, 2015, and was attended by actor Louis Gossett Jr. and Los Angeles City Councilmember Paul Koretz. Read more by clicking here.
- Stephanie Carnes, PhD, LCSW, joins Elements Behavioral Health as a clinical consultant. Dr. Carnes will develop trauma-informed programs for women at Malibu Vista in California and The Sundance Center in Arizona. Read more by clicking here.
Have an announcement you want featured in Counselor Connection
? Contact the editor, Leah Honarbakhsh, at [email protected]