- Soberlink, a portable alcohol monitoring system, is now being used in over one hundred treatment centers in the United States, including Hazelden Betty Ford and Caron Ocean Drive. Soberlink devices can detect a relapse in real-time, allowing counselors and caregivers to take immediate action. Read more by clicking here.
- Solid Landings Behavioral Health welcomes Bill McCabe as a new member of their outreach professionals. McCabe has worked in the addiction field for over twenty years and is a nationally certified chemical dependency counselor. Read more by clicking here.
- Rogers Memorial Hospital announces the Nashotah program, a residential program for adolescent females. This new program will incorporate dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) into all aspects of treatment and offer a unique phased treatment system. Read more by clicking here.
- CCAPP announces that new classes for the certified alcohol and drug abuse counselor credential will begin on January 10, 2015. Classes will consist of an orientation, twenty-five weeks of instruction, and a graduation ceremony. Read more by clicking here.
- NAATP begins the search for a new president and CEO. The current president, Michael Walsh, will be leaving the organization before the end of 2014. The search for a new president will be tied to focusing NAATP more on public policy efforts. Read more by clicking here.
- Rogers Behavioral Health announces plans to open new obsessive compulsive and anxiety disorder centers in Chicago and Nashville in mid-2015. Both locations will offer an intensive outpatient program and a partial hospitalization program. Read more by clicking here.
- Faces and Voices of Recovery welcomes Patty McCarthy Metcalf, MS, as their new executive director. McCarthy Metcalf was previously the deputy director of SAMHSA’s “Bringing Recovery Supports to Scale Technical Assistance Center Strategy” (BRSS TACS). Read more by clicking here.
Have an announcement you want featured in Counselor Connection
? Contact the editor, Leah Honarbakhsh, at [email protected]