- Hazelden Betty Ford enters into a clinical initiatives agreement with Phoenix House. The agreement will uphold Hazelden Betty Ford’s mission of being a source of healing and hope to those burdened by addiction and Phoenix House’s mission of providing high-quality care to those affected by addiction. Read more by clicking here.
- Faces and Voices of Recovery announces the 2015 Outstanding Honorees for their America Honors Recovery awards. Honorees include Greg Williams, William L. White, and H. Westley Clark, among others. Read more by clicking here.
- NIDA and the NIAAA publish commentary in The Lancet Psychiatry that strongly supports the disease model of addiction. Dr. Nora Volkow (NIDA) and Dr. George Koob (NIAAA) wrote the commentary and mentioned that there is much scientific evidence to support the disease model. Read more by clicking here.
- US Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Matthews Burwell unveiled $100 million to fund a fight against the opioid epidemic in America. The new funding will go towards community health centers in eleven states. Read more by clicking here.
- Faces and Voices of Recovery announces new members of its Board of Directors. Additions include H. Westley Clark, Jan Brown, Stacia Murphy, and Sis Wenger. Read more by clicking here.
- NIDA announces two new online resources for clinicians: “Substance Use in Women” and “Therapeutic Communities Research Report.” These online resources provide information about each topic and summarize current research. Read more by clicking here.
Have an announcement you want featured in Counselor Connection
? Contact the editor, Leah Honarbakhsh, at [email protected]