- Muir Wood Adolescent and Family Services moves to a new location in San Rafael, California. The move will allow Muir Wood to expand its boys and girls IOP services and treat more adolescents. Read more by clicking here.
- The National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention issues a report on the state of US suicide research efforts which shows that suicide research is underfunded when compared to other leading causes of death. In addition, the report shows that there are “gaps” in identifying evidence-based, community-based prevention programs. Read more by clicking here.
- SAMHSA updates the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) two-year R-DAS study to include years 2012 and 2013. This study can now be used to create estimates for 2002 all the way through 2013. Read more by clicking here.
- Hazelden Betty Ford launches a new, free, online meeting for veterans and active military personnel chaired by Moe Armstrong from the Vet to Vet program. Meetings are held Fridays at 7:00 pm EST. Read more by clicking here.
- Constellation Behavioral Health acquires Bridges to Recovery, a Los Angeles, California treatment center. Bridges to Recovery offers treatment for mood disorders, personality disorders, anxiety disorders, and trauma, among other things. Read more by clicking here.
- Florida proposes a bill to mandate safe sober living communities for alcoholics and addicts in recovery. The bill would require sober living staff members to undergo continual training on the best methods of substance abuse treatment. Read more by clicking here.
Have an announcement you want featured in Counselor Connection? Contact the editor, Leah Honarbakhsh, at [email protected]